MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
Job posting number: #7075583 (Ref:hlj_29537)
Posted: March 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Maintenance Technician I is responsible for assisting with the maintenance, operation, and repair of buildings, equipment and systems throughout the assigned facilities. Must possess the ability to perform general mechanical repairs. The Maintenance Technician II performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to cover all trades including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, painting, carpentry and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Performs general maintenance repairs and other duties as assigned as referenced in Unit Specific Competency Check List and performs any work assignment in conjunction with the skill sets required of the job, not necessarily within craft line.
- Responds to emergency situations including disaster response, power I other utilities loss, floods, etc. to limit effect to facility
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise documentation for equipment problems and failures including but not limited to work order completion in work order program
- Performs troubleshooting and problem solving maintenance duties for multiple systems and equipment according to standards established by management team. Uses proper technique for mounting an apparatus or device to vertical surfaces.
- Identifies, understands basic blueprint terms, components and symbols; relates prints to actual locations; recognizes classifications of drawings; interprets, uses plan dimensions. Uses floor plans to locate walls and parts of buildings. Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret schematics, and perform general mechanical repairs
- Performs basic infection prevention procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various system components and functionality such as: Steam trap, Control valve, Thermostat, Pressure Reducing Valves (steam and water), Contractors, coils and relays used in basic motor control circuits
- Assists with, oversees and/or inspects repairs or modifications performed by contractors
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- One (1) Maintenance Experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must obtain a Florida driver’s license within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.