HVAC REFRIGERATION MECHANIC II
Job posting number: #7075582 (Ref:hlj_29535)
Posted: March 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The HVAC/R Mechanic II performs demand and scheduled preventive maintenance of the facility equipment to primarily include Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and associated systems in accordance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency codes. Specific duties include maintaining facilities and equipment in hospital or clinic environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs for HVAC/R and associated systems and equipment to ensure a safe environment and operational reliability according to standards established by management team.
- Ensures that preventive maintenance (PM) tasks are properly completed in a timely manner, documented and materials and time spent are also documented appropriately.
- Performs general maintenance repairs and other duties as assigned as referenced in Unit Specific Competency Check List and performs any work assignment in conjunction with the skill sets required of the job, not necessarily within craft line.
- Performs basic infection prevention procedures.
- Assists with, oversees and/or inspects repairs or modifications performed by contractors.
- Demonstrates the ability to use maintenance equipment including hand-held power tools, computers for building automation and computerized maintenance management systems, and to resource with others effectively.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- HVAC/R Journeyman or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years HVAC/R experience encompassing a range of HVAC/R work and skills sets) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) Years as HVAC/R Service-Related Technician experience is required.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification required within 90 days of employment
- Ability to work various work shifts and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to travel between other Moffitt Cancer Center facilities
- Evidence of a good driving record and maintain a good record per Moffitt policy
- Driver’s License required, must obtain Florida Driver's License within 6 months of employment
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.