EMR DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST
Job posting number: #7075580 (Ref:hlj_29538)
Posted: March 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
*****This is an "as-needed" (PRN) position
- Accurately transcribes/edits dictiation from a central dictation systems into established formats in various text software systems on an as-needed basis to maintain established turnaround time of transcribed/edited documents.
- Recognizes, interprets and evaluats inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in medical dictation and transcribing/editing, (or flagging for the provider's attention) appropriately, folling facility and AHDI (Association of Healthcare Documentation Integrity) guideline, and incorporation proper grammar and punctuation, in order to maintain the integrity an continuity of the document.
- Reviews information entered into the EPQ through the patient portal and inserts the information into the EMR for new patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience as a medical transcription/healthcare documentation specialist
- Accurately edits/transcribes medical and pathology reports from central dictation systems into established formats using various text softward systems
- Accurately enters key information into the EMR, which is obtained from the EPQ patient portal entries for new patients
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- three (3) years experience as a medical transcriptionst/healthcare documentation specialist, transcribing/editing all levels of medical reports using transcripteion platform(s).
- experience with eScription and Cerner PowerChart a plus.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.